Income Tax return filing no longer means last-minute stress, long queues and spending many hours to enter and submit your tax return. You can file your income tax return from the convenience of your home or office at any time of the day or night. File your returns on or before July 31, 2011.
Advantages of e-filing
Follow these steps and e-file your return, hassle-free!
- Convenient – anytime, anywhere
- Faster processing & quicker refunds
- Higher data accuracy
Income Tax Department – CPC
Post Bag No - 1,
- Go to the e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department.
- Select the appropriate type of Return Form. Go through the table in the link to find out which form is applicable to you.
- Download the Return Preparation Software from here for the Return Form that you have selected.
- Fill your return form offline and generate an XML file.
- Register on the site and create a user id/password.
- Login and click on the relevant form on the left panel and select "Submit Return".
- Browse to select the previously created XML file and click on the "Upload" button.
- After successful upload, acknowledgement details will be displayed. Click on "Print" to generate a printout of the Acknowledgement/ITR-V Form.
- If the return is digitally signed, on generation of "Acknowledgement", the return filing process gets completed. You can take a printout of the Acknowledgement for your record.
- If the return is not digitally signed, on successful uploading of e-Return, the ITR-V Form will be generated which needs to be printed out by you. This is an acknowledgement + verification form. Fill up the verification part and verify the same.
- The duly verified ITR-V form should be mailed by ordinary post or speed post within 120 days from the date of transmitting the data electronically to:
Electronic City Post Office,
Bangalore - 560100
- ITR-V sent by registered post or courier will not be accepted.
- Form ITR-V will not be received in any other office of the Income-tax Department or in any other manner.
Also check out the web demo on e-filing on the portal.
- If the Form ITR-V is furnished after the 120-day period, it will be deemed that the return in respect of which the Form ITR-V has been filed was never furnished. The tax payer must electronically re-transmit the data and follow it up by submitting the new Form ITR-V within 120 days.
For any queries related to e-filing, contact Toll free: 1800-425-2229 or log on to www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in for more information.
Note: This merchant is an advertiser on asklaila.